Girls Who Code generally processes applications within a week of receipt and notifies applicants about the Club’s status via email. The email will be sent from email@example.com.
If you recently submitted an application to start a new Club and have not heard back from us - don't worry! Your application is in the queue and will be reviewed by our team as quickly as possible.
The most common reasons for delay in processing can include:
- The host organization listed on the application is not a nonprofit or similar space,
- The applicant may require a background check and has not completed the background check issued by Girls Who Code via VerifiedFirst (the company that runs our background checks),
- Your Club is still looking for a lead Facilitator to be matched to your Club,
- Your Participation Agreement still needs to be signed by an employee representative of the host organization ,
- Our online application system may have experienced an unexpected glitch!
NOTE: If you are an applicant requiring the background check and have not received an email, please first check your spam folder for emails from us or from VerifiedFirst.
If you wish to check on the status of your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Thank you for your patience!