Girls Who Code has created the following materials to guide you through your Club:
Chapter Guides for both our non-fiction and fiction books:
- Session guides to accompany our non-fiction book, Learn to Code and Change the World. Each guide includes:
- Key vocabulary
- Discussion questions
- Unplugged GWC Challenge
- Online GWC Challenge
- Downloadable and printable PDF chapters for our entire non-fiction book, Learn to Code and Change the World.
- Session guides to accompany our fiction book, The Friendship Code. Each guide includes:
- Key vocabulary
- An overview and discussion questions
- Unplugged and online activities
- A programming activity
A free Resource Kit:
- FREE copies of The Friendship Code to add to your school or classroom’s library.
- Facilitators will be responsible for ordering this kit. Please note: The deadline to redeem a Resource Kit for the 19-20 academic year has passed. Stay tuned for an update on how to redeem in the future!
- Many Scratch tutorials and example projects
- Some of these tutorials were originally developed to correspond with chapters in our fiction book, The Friendship Code. They can be completed as standalone activities, but just keep in mind if you choose to lead your Club through our fiction curriculum in the future, you may repeat some of these activities.
Facilitator Training and Support Resources
- Webinar training and video recording
- Take home flyer with registration instructions
- Student recruitment tips and tools
- Access to support directly from a GWC staff member at firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in to Girls Who Code HQ to see all the resources available to you today!