Girls Who Code Clubs are led by Facilitators, who can be teachers, computer scientists, librarians, parents, or volunteers from any background or field. Many Facilitators have NO technical experience and learn to code alongside their Club members. That’s why we use the term “Facilitator” instead of “teacher.” Our Club Facilitators guide Club girls through the curriculum, help them become better problem solvers and build their confidence.
Girls Who Code provides Facilitators with training and support materials to ensure that each Facilitator can successfully run their Club.
Our support includes:
- Facilitator session guides with --
- Detailed schedules for each Club session to help build community and guide girls to design their CS Impact Project.
- Instructions on how to present the fundamental computer science concepts of loops, variables, conditionals, and functions.
- Examples of common errors
- Scripts for Facilitators to read when girls get stuck
- Custom online training --
- “Launch your Club” Training Webinar
- “How To” videos to guide Facilitators through the curriculum
- Curated list of Girls Who Code-approved online courses and trainings