The role of a Club Facilitator is to:
- Guide Club members through the Curriculum (provided by GWC on HQ)
- Model a safe, fun environment where your members are free to take risks.
- Help girls explore their interest in computer science and how it can be used to impact their community.
Facilitators are not required to have any technical experience, as long as they are willing to learn alongside their Club members. Facilitators can be teachers, computer scientists, librarians, parents, college students, or volunteers from any background or field. That’s why we use the term “Facilitator” instead of “teacher”.
Girls Who Code Facilitators are required to care about introducing girls to Computer Science! Facilitators must also:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Review the Clubs Training Webinar (which can be found on HQ).
- Be available 1-3 hours per week (including travel and prep time) for the duration of the Club.