We're so excited that you're choosing to continue your participation with Girls Who Code!
To renew your Club for the 2018-19 school year, you'll first need to fulfill these requirements:
- Your Role: The Club's Decision Maker, or the person connected to the Club's host site, is the only person who can renew a Club's participation. This is new terminology, but here's the distinction:
- Facilitators lead Club students through the curriculum.
- Decision Makers are affiliated with the Club's host site, and serve as the point of contact between Girls Who Code and the organization.
- One person can be both the Facilitator and the Decision Maker.
- The Decision Maker who completes the 2018-19 Renewal Application does not need to be the same person who served in that role in 2017-18; they just need to be currently affiliated with the host site.
- Location: To renew an existing Club for the 2018-19 school year, the Club should be hosted at the same location it was held in 2017-18.
- If you have changed your location, that's not a problem; you'll just select "Start a new Club" on the Application instead of "Renew my Club from last year". Both applications take less than 15 minutes.
- 2017-18 Club Code: To complete the renewal application, you'll need your 2017-18 Club Code. (It looks something like "CA123".)
- By entering your Club Code, we will be able to pull your information from last year, auto-fill some of the information, and identify which Club's information we need to update.
- Timeline: Decide when you plan to run your 2018-19 Club:
- Fall Semester (approximately September - December)
- Spring Semester (January - May)
- The entire Academic Year (September - May)
Once you've figured out these details, you're ready to renew your Club using the Clubs Application!
On the first page, select the option "I'd like to renew my Club from last year (2017-18)", and then you will be given the chance to enter your 2017-18 Club Code.
Once you do so and submit the application, you will receive instructions about the background check process via email (the background check is valid for 2 years; if you submitted or passed a check last year, you won't need to re-do it this year).
Once you've completed the application and submitted your background check information, you'll hear back from us within a week.
Once approved, you'll receive your new 2018-19 Club Code, which will give you access to our learning platform, HQ, and all of our training resources and curricula.
If you recruit additional volunteers to serve as Facilitators, share your new Code with them so they can use it to join your Club. Once the Club begins, Facilitators will share the Code with students so they can sign up for HQ as well.
Need more info? Check out the rest of our FAQ or email us at email@example.com.