Things to do before your Club starts:
- We encourage you to look over materials on HQ beforehand so you can have a better grasp when leading the meeting.
- Some prep might include reading the assigned passages in the book, being familiar with discussion questions that have been provided, and coming up with real-world examples to relate to the material.
Things to do before each weekly Club meeting:
- Choose a passage for your Club to focus on.
- If you find that the assigned passages in the curriculum are too much for one meeting, we encourage you to adjust the curriculum to fit the needs of you and your Club. We recommend you cover what you think is important!
- Then, decide if you will do the "unplugged" or "online" GWC Challenge (or both!)
- If you opt to read a shorter passage than the meeting guide suggests, double check that the Challenge still applies to that section!
- It might save you time in the actual meeting if you make a ‘fast facts’ sheet with the important info in the passages you choose, so the girls can follow along.
- Though this may seem like a lot of work on your end, the long term benefits will definitely outweigh the time it will take you! Having a sheet like this will also add to the tangible items that the girls can take home and keep after the Club has ended to remind them of the material they covered during each meeting.