Each Summer Immersion Program is held within a corporate or university setting, and we expect students to use their best judgment concerning appropriate attire as program participants. Girls Who Code will communicate in advance about any events that offer an opportunity for more formal attire (such as Graduation).
Please note that we do not expect students or parents/guardians to purchase new articles of dress solely for the purpose of this program.
Students must wear:
- A shirt (with fabric on the front, back, and sides under the arms)
- Pants/jeans or the equivalent (for example, a skirt, leggings, or a dress of modest length)
Students may not wear:
- Violent language or images
- Language or images depicting drugs and alcohol, or other illegal items/activities
- Hate speech or profanity
- Images or language that creates a hostile or intimidating environment based on any protected class or consistently marginalized groups
- Any clothing revealing visible undergarments
- Accessories that could be considered dangerous or used as a weapon
- Any item that obscures the face or ears, except as a religious observance