Girls Who Code generally processes applications within a week of receipt and notifies applicants about the Club status via email. The email will be sent from email@example.com.
If you recently submitted an application (to renew, start a new Club, or become a Facilitator) and have yet to hear back from us - don't worry! Your application is in the queue and will be reviewed by our team as quickly as possible.
The most common reasons for delay in processing include:
- The host site listed on the application is not a non-profit or similar space, OR
- The applicant may require a background check and has not completed the background check issued by Girls Who Code via VerifiedFirst (the company that runs our background checks), OR
- Your Club is still looking for a lead Facilitator to be matched to your Club, OR
- Your Participation Agreement still needs to be signed by the person you listed as a Decision Maker, i.e. an employee of the host site, OR
- Our online application system may have experienced an unfortunate glitch!
NOTE: If you are the Applicant and have not seen an email about the background check, please first check your spam folder for emails from us or from VerifiedFirst.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience!