The role of a Club Facilitator is to:
- Guide Club members through the curriculum provided on HQ.
- Help build sisterhood within the Club.
- Help the girls explore how computer science can be used to impact their community.
Facilitators are not required to have any technical experience, as long as they are willing to learn alongside their Club members. Facilitators can be teachers, computer scientists, librarians, parents, college students, or volunteers from any background or field. That’s why we use the term “Facilitator” instead of “teacher”.
Girls Who Code Facilitators are required to care about introducing girls to Computer Science! Facilitators must also:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Pass a background check (or submit proof of having recently passed a background check).
- Complete a brief training.
- Be available 2-4 hours per week (including travel and prep time) for the duration of the Club.