Girls Who Code Facilitators are required to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to pass a background check (if required)
- Be available 2-4 hours per week (including travel and prep time) for the duration of the Club
The role of a Club Facilitator is to:
- Care about introducing girls to Computer Science!
- Guide Club members through the curriculum (provided by GWC on HQ)
- Help build sisterhood within the Club
- Help the members explore how computer science can be used to impact their community
Facilitators are not required to have any technical experience, as long as they are willing to learn alongside their Club members. Facilitators can be teachers, computer scientists, librarians, parents, college students, or volunteers from any background or field. That’s why we use the term “Facilitator” instead of “teacher”.