The short answer is: girls will learn about computer science concepts, and just as importantly, they'll learn that they have a community in the computer science space!
To accommodate students of a wide range of ages and experience in computer science, the Girls Who Code curriculum is divided into two programs: 3rd-5th grade and 6th-12th grade. Our curricula include activities for students with no computer science experience all the way up to college-level concepts.
Throughout the Club, all members will:
- Learn to see themselves as computer scientists.
- Gain exposure to project management and problem solving techniques.
- Join a safe and supportive environment of peers and role models.
- Learn the foundational computer science concepts that form the basis for all programming languages.
- 6th-12th grade Clubs only: Work with a team to build a Girls Who Code Project that addresses a real-world problem.