GWC Club members will learn about computer science concepts, and just as importantly, they'll learn that they have a community in the computer science space!
To accommodate students of a wide range of ages and experience in computer science, Girls Who Code offers two Clubs curricula: a book-based program with both unplugged and plugged activities in Scratch for 3rd-5th grade, and an online program with project-based activities in a range of languages for 6th-12th grade. Our curricula include activities for students with no computer science experience all the way up to college-level concepts.
Throughout the Club, all members will:
- Learn to see themselves as computer scientists.
- Gain exposure to project management and problem solving techniques.
- Build sisterhood in a safe and supportive environment of peers and role models.
- Learn about other women and non-binary identifying professionals in tech around the world.
- Learn the foundational computer science concepts that form the basis for all programming languages.
- 3rd-5th grade Clubs only: Complete unplugged or online challenges in Scratch after reading each chapter in our non-fiction book, Learn to Code and Change the World, or fiction book, The Friendship Code.