If you have an affiliation with a school, university, library, community center, faith-based organization, or nonprofit, you and your organization can start a Girls Who Code Club.
Anyone can start a Club, as long as they are able to:
- Secure a regular, public space to host the Club, such as a classroom or computer lab.
- Provide a desktop or laptop computer and reliable Internet access to all members of the Club. (Sorry, tablets and phones are not sufficient.)
- Identify someone who can do the following:
- Administration: Handle administrative details of the Club such as securing space, recruiting students, and liaising with Girls Who Code.
- Facilitation: Lead Club members through the Girls Who Code curriculum every week for the duration of your Club. (Many Facilitators have NO technical experience and learn to code alongside their Club members!)
Need more info? Check out this recorded webinar, which will walk you through everything you need to get started. (You will need to enter your name and email address to watch the webinar.)