If you have an affiliation with a school, university, library, community center, faith-based organization, or nonprofit, you and your organization can start a Girls Who Code Club. To start a Club, you must:
- Secure a regular space to host the Club, such as a classroom or computer lab
- Provide a desktop or laptop computer and reliable Internet access to all members of the Club. Sorry, tablets and phones are not allowed.
- Identify leadership that can do the following. Ideally, these responsibilities are overseen by one person.
- Administration: Handle administrative details of the Club such as securing space, recruiting students, and liaising with Girls Who Code
- Facilitation: Lead Club girls through the Girls Who Code curriculum every week throughout the academic year. Many Facilitators have NO technical experience and learn to code alongside their Club members.
Need more info? Check out this recorded webinar, which will walk you through everything you need to get started.