Girls Who Code Clubs are led by Facilitators, who can be teachers, computer scientists, librarians, parents, or volunteers from any background or field. Many Facilitators have no technical experience and learn to code alongside their Club members. That’s why we use the term “Facilitator” instead of “teacher.” Our Club Facilitators guide Club girls through the curriculum, help them become better problem solvers, and build their confidence.
GWC provides Facilitators with training and support materials to ensure that each Facilitator can successfully run their Club.
- A Facilitator Toolkit with --
- Detailed schedules for each Club session to help build community and guide Club members to complete tutorials.
- Instructions on how to present the fundamental computer science concepts of loops, variables, conditionals, and functions.
- A monthly Clubs Newsletter with best practices, tips on enrollment, a calendar of events, and sisterhood activities.
- Custom online training --
- “Launch Your Club” Training Webinar.
- “Facilitator Notes" throughout HQ to guide Facilitators as they lead students in the curriculum and Club activities.
- Access to all the GWC coding tutorials on HQ to review and practice before exploring with your Club members.
- Real-time support --
- Reach out to the GWC support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each Club will be assigned a Regional Retention Specialist for you to reach out to while your Club is active.