To participate in the Summer Immersion Program, students must be current United States high school sophomores or juniors (rising juniors and seniors).
Girls Who Code values diverse classrooms. We strongly encourage girls from all backgrounds who are interested in exploring opportunities in technology and computer science to apply. Prior computer science experience is not required!
We encourage all eligible students to apply, especially those who:
- Are underrepresented in computer science and technology fields in terms of race, creed, or background.
- Have little to no access or exposure to computer science education in school.
- Are eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch.
- Identify as female, regardless of gender assignment at birth or legal recognition; we welcome applicants who identify as gender-nonconfirming or nonbinary and who would like to be in a female-identified environment.
Students are not eligible to participate if they:
- Have already taken any AP Computer Science course.
- Attend school outside the United States.
- Have participated in the Summer Immersion Program in the past.