This year, Girls Who Code will host approximately 80 Summer Immersion Programs across the country. Program dates are scheduled to align with the local school calendar; due to regional variations in school schedules, program dates vary by location.
Independence Day is the only scheduled holiday during the program and all programs will be closed July 4 and July 5. (Some programs are closed that entire week, and are extended to make up for the closure.)
While program dates vary, each Summer Immersion Program (SIP) lasts 7 weeks and teaches the exact same material. When choosing the programs you want on the application, double-check that the program dates work with your schedule!
Summer Immersion Programs will be hosted in the following regions:
- Atlanta, GA: June 3 - July 19, June 10 - July 26
- Austin, TX: June 17 - August 2
- Boston, MA: July 8 - August 23
- Charlotte, NC: July 1 - August 16
- Chicago, IL: June 24 - August 9
- Dallas, TX: June 10 - July 26, June 17 - August 2
- Houston, TX: June 17 - August 2
- Los Angeles, CA: June 17 - August 2, June 24 - August 9
- Miami, FL: June 17 - August 2
- New York City, NY: July 1 - August 16, July 8 - August 23
- Northern NJ: July 1 - August 16, July 8 - August 23
- Northwest Arkansas: June 10 - July 26
- Philadelphia, PA: June 24 - August 9
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA: June 10 - July 26, June 17 - August 2, June 24 - August 9
- Seattle, WA: July 1 - August 16, July 8 - August 23
- Stamford, CT: July 1 - August 16
- Washington, DC: June 24 - August 9
- Wilmington, DE: June 24 - August 9
Please Note: To participate in a Summer Immersion Program, students must be able to commit to attending the entire 7-week program, from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Our Attendance Policy allows for two absences and no exceptions will be made, so students should only apply to programs whose dates work for them.
If a student can't commit to the full seven weeks, we encourage you to check out our two-week Campus programs. Campus accepts applications on a first-come, first-served basis.